3/1 PTO Meeting, 6:30 pm (Indianola school library)
3/2 Kindness Town Hall Discussion, 6:30-7:30 (Indianola)
3/6 UPDATED: Carnival Planning Meeting, 6:30 pm (Indianola school library)
3/7 K/1 Book Club, lunch time
3/9 2/3 and 4/5 Book Clubs, lunch time
3/11 Middle School Engagement Fair, 10:00 am -12:00 pm (Main Library, downtown branch)
3/20 Skate Party! 6:30-8:30 pm (Skate Zone 71, 4900 Evanswood Drive, 43229)
3/20 Carnival Planning Meeting 6:30-8:30 pm (ALSO at Skate Zone 71, 4900 Evanswood Drive, 43229)
Town Hall THIS Thursday!
Advancing Kindness in the Community: A Town Hall Discussion hosted by Indianola Informal on Thursday, March 2, 6:30-7:30pm.
LEARN more about how you and your family can get more involved in the community from organizations like BESA, The Columbus Foundation, the ClintonvilleBeechwold Community Resource Center, & Family Pride Network, as well as a group of 4th graders that are making a difference with homelessness. SHARE with others about an organization that you’re involved with! (open mic). Buy yard signs that promote kindness in your neighborhood ($10 each). “No matter where you are from or whom you love, we’re glad you’re our neighbor”. Bring the kids and make it a family affair!
Ronda’s class will inspire you to attend with their recording of Put a Little Love in Your Heart.
In an effort to create a culture of kindness, our school, along with hundreds of other schools across the nation will be participating in a Kindness Challenge during the month of February. This month will be devoted to doing as many acts of kindness as possible in and out of school. The purpose of this month is to foster an environment that values the importance of being kind all year round. Studies have shown that promoting kindness among youth promotes self-confidence, positivity, and increased happiness.
In Friday folders, students received an age-appropriate parent-signed checklist. Please see the attached grade level checklist. Checklists need to be signed by a parent and turned in to the student’s homeroom teacher during the month of February, and the student will earn a kindness reward.
March Book Club
Information for next month’s book clubs was sent home in Friday folders and can be found here. This is a great time for students to engage with quality literature and discuss their ideas and reactions with peers. K/1 will meet during lunch on Tuesday, March 7. 2/3 and 4/5 will meet on Thursday, March 9.
Summer Opportunities and Engagement Fair for Middle Schoolers
Click the image below for more information and to register for the fair.
- PACE (Parents for Academic Challenge and Enrichment) meeting discussing perfectionism and the gifted child, TOMORROW – February 23 at Fort Hayes Education Center from 6:30-8:00 pm.
- Ohio University Press and Paper Moon Art Studio invite parents, educators, counselors, and childcare providers to an interactive how-to workshop on incorporating choice-based art into their own routines on Saturday, March 4, 2:00-4:00 pm.
- The Youth Welding Workshop provides a unique opportunity for youth to develop arc welding or oxyacetylene welding and cutting skills on April 15, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm, $90, register by March 31.
- INFOhio has fiction and non-fiction, online reading resources for students at all grade levels. Once on the INFOhio site, click the “Get My Password” button and fill out the short form, including our school’s zip code (43202), to get started.
- Summer Opportunities Lists: Elementary, Middle School, High School
- There is a scholarship available for students planning to attend one full week of summer camp at Indian Village, Camp Terra, or Camp Walnut. Essays must be received/postmarked by this Friday, February 24.
- Math Plus Camps engage students ages 4-13 in the fields of Mathematics and Technology.
- Camp Architecture will explore design through tours, sketching, model building, and other activities for students entering grades 3-8.
- Digital Animation: A Technology Mentoring Program for Young Women is a free summer program for current 7th & 8th graders held at OSU. Applications (including teacher recommendation, essay, and visual problem) are due by March 8.
- Hoover Sailing Club has sailing camps for students ages 7-17.