May 9 – Carnival Planning Meeting (6:30 pm, Indianola library)
May 12 – Indianola Carnival! (4:30-9:00 pm)
May 18 – Middle School Concert (7:00 pm, Indianola auditorium)
May 19 – Middle School Dance (7:00-9:00 pm, Indianola gymnasium)
May 23 – 4/5 Concert (7:00 pm, Indianola auditorium)
May 23/25 – Book Club
May 26 – 2016 Alumni Award applications DUE
May 29 – Memorial Day (NO SCHOOL)
May 30 – Middle School Art Gala
June 1 – Last Day of School/Drum Out (3:00 pm)
Recurring: Mileage Club (Every Tues/Thurs, 8:30 am)
Summer School Registration Begins Today!
Register online today for Elementary and Middle School students. High School registration opens June 5. Locations, dates and times listed here. Online registration requires your child’s student identification number which can be found on his/her past report cards. Summer school information packets are available here.
Attention Parents seeking Latchkey for the upcoming 2017-2018 school year, here’s what you need to know:
- Registration starts Monday May 8th at 7:00-8:30 am, 3:00-5:30 pm for CURRENTLY enrolled students (and incoming siblings).
- Registration for NEW latchkey members will start Monday May 15th at 7:00am-8:30am, 3:00pm-5:30pm.
*Registration will take anywhere from 20-30 minutes.
To sign up you must have:
- a check/ money order for a NONrefundable registration fee of $30.00 for 1 student, OR $40.00 for 2 or more students.
- you CAN NOT take the registration form with you, it stays with us. You are not considered registered until you pay the registration fee and fill out the registration form (both sides).
- Please have 3 emergency contacts available to fill in, and also medical information (whats the primary doc office, address, phone number, etc…)
- Title XX parents are still required to pay the registration fee.
If you have any further questions please feel free to call David at the main office phone number (614-365-5579, ext 126).
Carnival Next Friday!!!
The 7th annual Indianola Carnival is NEXT Friday, May 12 from 4:30-9:00 pm. Please sign up for donations here. Have a blast as a volunteer (click here)! Finally, you will want to pre-purchase discount tickets by Tuesday, May 9th at 10:00 pm at http://indianolakids.org/2017-indianola-carnival-pre-sale-tickets/
Middle School Dance
Save the date for the Middle School “Hollywood Stars” Spring Dance – Friday, May 19th from 7:00-9:00 pm. Parents are needed to organize and volunteer that night! Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keep Bringing In Box Tops For Education
We’ve collected around $700 worth of Box Tops so far this school year. Great work, Indy families! With a final push this month, we can reach our goal of $1000. Please bring your Box Tops for Education to the school office and drop them in the designated container, or send them in with your child. $1000 goes a long way toward providing support for our teachers and enriching our kids’ education. Click here for more information on Box Tops for Education and where to find them.
May Book Club
Our final bookclub for the year will be Tuesday, May 23 for grades 2/3 and 4/5 and Thursday, May 25 for K/1. For the last bookclub, please bring a book that you’ve read and would like to share with others. We will meet in small groups that day so everyone has a chance to share. Students will be asked to share what they enjoyed about their book, what their book was about, why they would encourage others to read this book, etc. The book can be a book that the student has read themselves or a book that has been read to the student. Volunteer for Book Club by signing up here or email email@example.com. Thank you for being part of book club this year!
2017 Indianola Alumni Award
Each year, the Indianola PTO awards $500 to one current high school senior who graduated from 8th grade at Indianola. If you know of Indianola alumni who will be graduating from high school in 2017, please let them know that it’s time to apply for the award. Award applications can be submitted online at http://indianolakids.org Scroll down the right side below the calendar to find the application. The submission deadline is Friday, May 26 at 11:59 pm.
- Must have attended Indianola Informal Alternative Elementary for 4 or more years
- Must have graduated from 8th grade at Indianola
- Must complete the online application at http://indianolakids.org
- Application is located along the sidebar below the calendar
- Recipient is chosen in random lottery and notified by the end of this school year
- One $500 award granted
- Winner must submit a letter of acceptance from a college or other post-secondary program
Questions? Contact Cass Freeland, PTO CoPresident at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Multicultural Camp: Located at Bexley High School and OSU for students entering 5th -12th grades next year, this program takes place 9:00 am-6:30 pm, camp is only $20 if registered by May 5, dates listed here: http://www.iperc.org/home/2017-multicultural-camp/.
Camp Invention for students entering K-6th grades is approximately $235 at various schools in the Central Ohio area. Details can be found here, click Register for Camp Invention in upper corner
OSU West Campus Science and Technology Festival: Free Event! Participating departments and organizations include: Arabidopsis Biological Resource Center, Byrd Polar & Climate Research Center, Center for Applied Plant Sciences, Center for Automotive Research, OBIC, Sea Grant/Stone Lab, COSI, Franklin Park Conservatory, Office of Energy and Environment, Orton Geological Museum, and more. Details (including parking info) can be found here.